A North Carolina man has been arrested on charges connected to an incident at a Morgan Wallen concert in Maryland last month, where he is accused of urinating on multiple fans seated near him, including a young child.
Jayson Reed now faces four counts of second-degree assault, along with public urination and related charges tied to the July 18 show at M&T Bank Stadium. He was taken into custody this week and is being held without bail while awaiting extradition to Maryland.
The incident first drew police attention when Maryland Transportation Authority officers responded to reports of a physical altercation in the crowd during the concert. As officers investigated, concertgoers seated nearby said a man had exposed himself and urinated on them while they were in their seats.
Witnesses identified Reed as the person responsible, and he was removed from the stadium that night. An arrest warrant was later issued, more than a month after the show.
One of the fans affected, Troy Grevelding, said he was attending the concert with his wife and two nieces, including an eight-year-old, when all four were urinated on. Grevelding said his niece has continued to struggle emotionally following the incident.
He recalled turning to find the man standing with his pants down and urinating on him and his wife, prompting Grevelding to shove him away and demand that he stop. Grevelding said the man responded by repeatedly telling him “it’s OK” and calling him “brother.”
Reed was not arrested at the stadium. Authorities initially handled the matter as involving misdemeanor offenses, including indecent exposure and public urination. Investigators later pursued additional charges, including four counts of second-degree assault, one tied to each person Reed is accused of urinating on.
The case drew attention after accounts of the incident circulated following the concert, particularly because a child was among those affected and formal charges were not filed until weeks later.
Reed is now awaiting extradition to Maryland, where he will face the charges stemming from the concert. No additional court dates had been publicly announced as of this week.