TikTok Influencer Charged in Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot

by Camila Curcio | May 22, 2026
Close-up of hands typing on a computer keyboard in a dimly lit setting. Photo Source: Adobe Stock Image

TikTok influencer Gabbie Gonzalez has been charged in Los Angeles in an alleged murder-for-hire plot targeting former Why Don’t We member Jack Avery.

Gonzalez, 24, was arrested last week in Northern California before appearing in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday. Prosecutors allege she conspired to arrange the killing of Avery, with whom she shares a young daughter, during a custody dispute.

The influencer was arrested alongside her father, Francisco Gonzalez, 59, and former boyfriend, Kai Faron Cordrey, 26. All three were charged with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and solicitation of murder, and could face up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted.

A judge set bail at $2 million and ordered Gonzalez to have no contact with Avery or their daughter and to remain at least 100 yards away from both. Gonzalez did not enter a plea during Tuesday’s hearing.

Court filings accuse Gonzalez of repeatedly expressing a desire to kill Avery and recruiting Cordrey, who was her boyfriend at the time, to help arrange the killing between late 2020 and mid-2021.

The two discussed hiring a killer through the dark web, using cryptocurrency to fund the operation, and making Avery’s death appear accidental, according to investigators. Prosecutors allege Francisco Gonzalez financed part of the operation with a $10,000 payment in April 2021, which Cordrey later used to communicate with an alleged murder-for-hire website under the username “LizardKing69.”

Court filings state that by May 2021, Cordrey had identified Avery as the intended target, provided a Los Angeles address, and stated the killing could be carried out by whatever method was easiest. He later returned to Gonzalez’s father seeking additional funding after another payment was requested, according to investigators.

An undercover FBI agent communicating through the alleged murder-for-hire operation later posed as the hitman assigned to kill Avery, prosecutors say. According to the complaint, Cordrey allegedly discussed payment arrangements and proof of death with the undercover operative. Authorities also allege Francisco Gonzalez later contacted the operative using a password tied to the alleged transaction.

Under California law, conspiracy and solicitation charges can be filed even if a planned killing is never carried out, as long as actions were taken to commit the crime.

According to court filings tied to a restraining order request, Avery said the FBI informed him in 2021 that someone had allegedly been hired to kill him and warned that being around Gonzalez posed potential safety concerns. He said he continued visitation with their daughter because of concerns for her well-being.

Gonzalez’s arraignment was postponed after her attorney requested additional time to review the evidence. Separate custody and restraining order proceedings involving the couple’s daughter are continuing in family court.

Share This Article

If you found this article insightful, consider sharing it with your network.

Camila Curcio
Camila studied Entertainment Journalism at UCLA and is the founder of a clothing brand inspired by music festivals and youth culture. Her YouTube channel, Cami's Playlist, focuses on concerts and music history. With experience in branding, marketing, and content creation, her work has taken her to festivals around the world, shaping her unique voice in digital media and fashion.

Related Articles

A man seated behind a glass partition in a courtroom, flanked by two women during a hearing.
D4vd Ordered to Stand Trial for Alleged Murder of Celeste Rivas Hernandez

A Los Angeles judge has ruled that the case against musician D4vd will proceed to trial, finding sufficient evidence to support charges that the singer killed and dismembered 14-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez. Judge Charlaine F. Olmedo issued the decision Monday after determining prosecutors had cleared the "probable cause" threshold required... Read More »

Portrait of a man in a black turtleneck with an embellished sweater, standing in front of an orange backdrop.
D4vd Murder Hearing Opens With Graphic Evidence in Celeste Rivas Hernandez Case

Prosecutors opened a closely watched preliminary hearing in the murder case against musician D4vd on Tuesday by presenting graphic photographic evidence of the dismembered remains of 14-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez. The proceeding marked the first major courtroom presentation of evidence since the singer's arrest earlier this year.David Anthony Burke, the... Read More »